Monday, September 12, 2016

Unconditional Love: Aunt Edition

As we get older we get to take on many different roles in life.  When we are young, we are a son/daughter, a friend, and possibly lucky enough to be a sibling.  As the years go by, we continue to be those things along with so many more; teammate, coworker, musician, athlete, classmate, leader, parent, aunt/uncle, grandparent, and the list goes on and on.

Almost exactly four years ago, I was lucky enough to take on the role of aunt.  Let me tell you, it is one of my favorite roles so far!  I cannot express how much I enjoy being an aunt.

One of the greatest feelings is seeing their face light up when they see you show up at their house or Grandma and Grandpa's.  The excitement and energy they have is contagious.  Their joy for discovering new games, sounds, toys, and words is rejuvenating and makes you wonder why some of us lose that "zest" for life.

I love being able to be the "goofy" aunt that teaches them new songs, how to roll down a hill, and even how to fly. (You didn't know I had super powers, did you?)  I have mastered playing with cars, shooting hoops, building train tracks, and doing the "Hot Dog Dance".

The amount of unconditional love I have for my nephews and niece is quite astounding! It is hard for me to grasp or describe how much each of them mean to me.  I cannot image what that love must feel like when they are your own children.  All I know, is I am blessed to be Aunt Emmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment