Sunday, August 28, 2016

Pinterest Present

This summer I saw some really neat cross decorations on Pinterest.  They seemed simple enough to make and looked like they wouldn't require a lot of materials.  I decided to make one for my sister for her birthday.

I was able to find all the supplies at WalMart in the craft section.  I was really surprised that they had the wood board there.

Supplies Needed:
Wood Board or Picture Frame (If you browse Pinterest some of them use a picture frame instead.)
Ribbon (Wired ribbon would work best.)
Burlap
Hot glue gun or staple gun
Floral wire

I started by hot gluing the burlap to the back of the board.  I did one strip going vertically and one strip going horizontally.  I then took the floral wire and cinched the two pieces together, making it look like a cross.

Next, I tied a ribbon in the middle.  I did not know how to make a ribbon so I watched this YouTube video.

Wha-la!  That's it!  Super simple, super easy, and super cute!

Here is the final project and the Pinterest post that was my pinspiration.





Rustic Burlap Cross Wood Sign Wall Decor  Ready by simpleandsage:
Pinterest Inspiration
Rachel's gift

















No comments:

Post a Comment