Monday, July 18, 2016

More Furniture Upcycling

As you all know, I love re-purposing old furniture.  It is a really cool feeling, to see something take on a different life.  It’s also very eco-friendly and budget friendly.  Here are a few projects that I have been working on:


Bedside Table #1:
This bedside table my mom and grandma found at our church’s rummage sale.  Again, I wanted this to be white to match my bedroom furniture.  This project was very easy.  However, it took about two years to complete because I never had all the right pieces and/or equipment to complete it. (I was also not super motivated to finish it.)  

Before:

After:
First, I took off the door and removed the drawers.  Upon taking off the door, I discovered that I would have to add a piece of trim.  Next, I sanded the table, painted it a flat white, and sprayed it with clear enamel.  I then had my Dad cut me a piece trim, which I painted and nailed into place.  (A few fun facts about this project: I gave my Dad the wrong measurements for the piece of trim the first time, and when I nailed the trim in, I split the wood.  Needless to say, crafting may be a “talent” of mine, but carpentry is not.)  

Picture of the piece of wood I split....


Bedside Table #2:
This bedside table was my sister’s at some point.  I think I acquired it when I was in high school.  My goal for re-purposing this piece was solely because I wanted it to match the rest of my bedroom furniture.  I just sanded it, painted it a flat white, and sprayed with clear enamel.  

Before After


School Desk:
I got this school desk when I was in maybe 5th grade.  At that time, we spray painted the base black and added marble contact paper to the top.  Seeing as that was 14 years ago, it needed a little sprucing up.  I just touched up the black spray paint and added a white, black, and grey patterned
self-adhesive wallpaper to the top.

Before:

Marble contact paper. 12 year old me didn't think she needed to spray paint the inside of the shelves.


After:
Completely painted, no spots missing, and an updated pattern
Stacking Chair:

I spray painted the dark brown frame black and reupholstered the brown pleather with a green fabric with silver polka dots.  I already had the fabric from a classroom project as well as the black spray paint.  This project cost me nothing (yes, 0 dollars!) and it really gave this old chair a new life.

I forgot to take a before picture but the chair looked like this one.

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment