Monday, August 11, 2014

Garage Sale Gems 4

I bought this desk at a garage sale last summer for $5!  Sadly, I bought it the day before I moved last year so it had to wait to be redesigned.  But, I moved again this year, so instead of putting the desk in its designated place in my home, I put it in the garage to begin it's make-over. I went from green to black and got some new hardware. Here are the before and after pictures.

Before
After
This next gem I am very excited about!  My Mom and Grandma got it from our church's rummage sale for $10.  I have been looking for a file cabinet so it was a great find!  I painted it with chalkboard paint!  I wanted to Mod Podge paper or fabric to the front of the drawers for a pop of color, but the paper I had was too small.  Maybe that will be a project for later.  But I may keep it the way it is.  Depends on how ambitious I am feeling.  Here are the before and after pictures.

Before
After







new office space

This one was not a garage sale gem, but something I worked on at the same time as the other two.  I found this idea on Pinterest, imagine that.  The towel rod is from hobby lobby and the shower hooks are from Wal-Mart.


No comments:

Post a Comment